KELLY JOHN WALKER, M.S.
10609 South Lake Gambusi, Vail, AZ 85641
(541) 419-9976 | Kelly@KellyJohnWalker.com
I am an award-winning Creative Strategist, Marketing Director, and Senior Copywriter who thrives on growing brands and ROI through strategic creativity, data-driven lead generation and competitive brand positioning.
- Marketing Strategy & Creative direction
- Digital Media & Analytics
- Brand development strategy
- Content marketing, copywriting, editing
- Advertising strategy & creative
- Multimedia marketing
- Video scripting, direction, editing
- Public relations
- Data-driven marketing management
Viva Coffee House, Marketing Director, Co-owner • Oct 2018-Present
- All aspects of marketing, brand development and community relations
- Co-managing a complex retail coffee shop
- Founded FreedomTalk publication and events.
Strategic Dentistry, Senior Copywriter & Editor-in-Chief • July, 2019-Oct 2020 (Laid off due to pandemic)
Reference: Cori Ricca, Marketing Director (602) 885-0315
- Writing/editing email campaigns, website copy, ad campaigns, etc.
- Promoted to Editor-in-Chief for award-winning national Incisor publication
- Project creative direction
- Led projects and project teams
Freelance Senior Copywriter & Creative Strategist • 2017-2019
Reference: Kelly Martin, Founder & CEO, Dakine 420 (541) 408-4088
- Conceptualizing and creating multimedia ad campaigns
- Writing/editing website copy, blogs, ad campaigns, etc.
- Project creative direction
- Brand discovery, name & tagline creation
- Video scripting & creative direction
- Business development
Sunshine Retirement Services, Marketing Director • 2016-2017
References: Mark Peper, COO (650) 580-5475, Stephen Eatman, Sales Director (949) 877-6383
Temporary position to revamp Marketing Department, launch newly-acquired retirement community, direct corporate and community marketing.
- Worked closely with Sales Director; achieved record occupancy levels across 20 communities in seven states (average census high 90th percentile.)
- Analyzed and managed data and KPI’s across multiple media.
- Audited contract agencies; cut marketing budget by 10% while increasing results: Highest Facebook engagement ever, media coverage, SEO ranking, etc.
- Renegotiated media buy budgets, referral company contracts (LeaseHawk, SiteStaff, You’ve Got Leads, A Place for Mom) to secure better value for the company.
- Created a data dashboard to document leads, tours and move-ins across all media.
- Creative directed exceptional multimedia advertising campaigns.
- Led creation of Content Marketing Plan; Lead Nurturing email campaign
- Addressed website and SEO issues; re-wrote Web copy and new pages.
- Created PR and online review policy
Resonant Agency, Creative Director, Senior Copywriter, Co-Principal•2010-2016 Marketing, branding & advertising agency located in Bend, Oregon.
- Led brand identity and brand development, marketing strategy for more than forty companies, non-profits and celebrities in traditional, social and digital media.
- Directed multimedia brand development campaign that grew Cascade Alchemy Distillery sales 300%, saved $10,000 in costs and created 2 jobs within two months of implementation. See http://www.omep.org/success-story/cascade-alchemy.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative marketing research, implemented rebrand and marketing plan that grew Mosaic Medical into one of the region’s top healthcare clinics.
- Grew Cannafo.com Facebook Average Daily Organic Reach 1006% within first 30-days. Received over 2 million hits by third month, average time on page of 6-15 min.
- Directed and created content for more than twenty websites.
- Led high-level marketing, brand development and advertising campaigns for hundreds of national and local organizations.
- Supervised marketing staff, contractors and interns.
Sublime Creative Agency, Founder, Creative Director • 2005-2010
Creative agency located in Bend, Oregon
- Founded and sold one of Oregon’s most successful creative agencies.
- Won over a dozen Best of Show awards for advertising, branding, copywriting.
- Led brand identity and brand development, advertising and marketing strategy for more than thirty companies and non-profits.
Sunriver Owners Association, Environmental Director • 1999-2005
- Managed $700,000 annual budget, contract vendors and a departmental staff.
- Oversaw compliance of city rules & regs in cooperation with local law enforcement.
- Won over $500,000 in grants and cost-sharing funds.
- Collaborated with non-profit and governmental land use and conservation entities.
- Received Bronze Smokey Bear Award for forest management practices.
- Facilitated community meetings, mentored employees and interns.
- Communications: Wrote articles and gave presentations on environmental issues.
New Mexico State University, Master of Science, Environmental Science; Graduate Fellowship, US Department of Defense (DOD) • Graduate Fellowship, NRCS • May 1999
Ambassador University, Bachelor of Arts in English and Liberal Arts, Minors in Spanish, Education • May 1993
- Microsoft Office
- Google AdWords
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Adobe Suite
- Video editing
- MailChimp, C. Contact
Recipient of 25 American Advertising Federation (formerly ADDY) Awards
Categories: Mixed Multiple Media, Elements of Advertising, Radio Campaign, Newspaper Campaign, Television, Out of Home, Exterior Signage, Vehicle Signage, Public Service, Advertising Industry Self-Promotion.
- Drake (Best in show): 2
- Gold: 6
- Silver: 8
- Bronze: 9
PORTFOLIO OF WORK
BOARDS & PUBLIC SERVICE
- City Club Marketing Committee
- Tucson American Advertising Federation Board Director
- Bend American Advertising Federation Board Director
- Swivel Marketing Conference Board Director
- Deschutes Noxious Weed Board, Vice Chair
- Project Wildfire, Vice Chair
- Upper Deschutes Watershed Council
- Deschutes Soil & Water Conservation District, Co-Chair
- NAMI Central Oregon Advisor
- Volunteer Teacher, Waterfield Institute, Sri Lanka, 1990-91